Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blast from the Past

Here are a few of my favorite food projects from the past.


I made this cake for a friends birthday last year - so much fun.  I think I will have to pick a new painting and try another one............any suggestions?

This cake took 10 different colors I think.  Lots of fun.  I was so nervous that she wouldn't like it though, because this is her favorite piece of art.  Oh, and be forewarned if you ever try to copy this - black food coloring will stain!  Rinse it out immediately and you will probably be ok. 





Another fun project with food - a candy bouquet.  Made this for Dad on Fathers Day last year.  some florist wire, styrofoam and florists tape - and of course the candy - no cooking required!















this year for Christmas I got the set of both of Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French cooking.  this was my first ever recipe that I fixed from those books - Cheese Souflle.  I used a combination of parmesan and swiss as called for in the recipe - but I am pretty sure I used a little more cheese than they called for,  Thankfully The recipe still turned out really well!  It was SO good.  I am excited to try lots more from these books.  And will be posting about them, when I try a new one!   
I am a little nervous about trying to cook the live lobsters - and about the suckling pig in book two, but I am sure I will get to them eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment