Saturday, March 20, 2010

Experimental cooking March 20, 2010 - Quiche Florentine in Tomato cups.

I have come up with this idea for a heart healthy recipe for a contest, it still needs a little tweaking though, so If you would lilke to volunteer to cook this for me and critique it, I would appreciate it. 
Quiche Florentine in Tomato (or Pepper) cups
To be heart healthy I had to use egg beaters instead of real eggs,  But it turned out pretty good actually.




Next I hollowed out the tomatoes

Then I chopped up the basil, thawed the spinach, and stirred it together with grated parmesan cheese.







Added about 1 tsp grated onion, and 2 cloves grated garlic. 






  Stirred in the Eggbeaters. 

Filled the tomatoes  
Added 1/2 cup water to the baking dish,  Baked at around 400 for 25-30 minutes. 
Finished product........ I thought it was good, but I would like some other opinions.  Anyone willing to try it?  Or try in in a green or red pepper half?  Let me know.  Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment