Saturday, March 20, 2010

Experimental Cooking - recipe 2

Ok, so I had this Idea for a pie - still need a title for the recipe - I would welcome any suggestions on a title :)
  
Took a gingerbread baking mix
cut it together with some butter and some pecans in my food processor.   Put it in the bottom of a premade pie crust, in a 10 inch deep dish pie crust. 


  
Mixed together orange juice, molasses, egg yolk and hot water and poured over the dry mixture.   Baked for about 35 min at 400 degrees.







Made the orange creme. 

Let the pie cool completely if you have time,  refrigerate the creme until pie is cool.

I went ahead and spread the orange creme on the pie while it was still warm.  Didn't seem to cause much of a problem, but I would probably wait until it was cool.


Spread the creme to the crust.

 

Made an orange sauce for the top of the pie. I spooned the sauce on, but would probably drizzle it in the future.  Definitely would garnish with orange slices and crystalized ginger. 
Finished product.  It was alot of fun to make.  I think I like this one.

1 comment:

  1. This looks tempting- how does it taste? Orange-like? Gingerbread-ish? Does it have a crumb like structure?-Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete